50 grams colostrum powder
- Colostrum-LD® is the only substance clinically proven to heal and prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Most physicians agree that Leaky Gut Syndrome is a primary cause of chronic disease.
- The LD Difference: Colostrum-LD® remains biologically active at the cellular level with maximal effectiveness (up to 4X more effective than regular colostrum).
- Colostrum-LD® is the only colostrum certified to contain a minimum of 25-30% Immunoglobulins, 1.5% Lactoferrin, 1.5% Growth Factors and 4.5-5% PRPs (colostrums most powerful bioactive component).
NOTE: Colostrum LD Capsules and Colostrum LD Powder are the exact same product and differ only in packaging.
See the Colostrum LD Capsules vs. Powder page for more information on why you might choose one over the other.
Sovereign Laboratories takes a great product (colostrum) and makes it a superior product (Colostrum-LD®). Our proprietary in-house Liposomal Delivery (LD) system is an applied coating which allows colostrum to readily dissolve in liquids and ensures the colostrum will bypass digestion; will be transported through the bowel wall; will circulate throughout the body; will reach the organs and cells; and remain bioavailable at the cellular level. “Liposomal Delivery makes colostrum (and other nutrients) up to 1,500 % more bioavailable (Robert R. Milne, MD); this makes Colostrum-LD® the most effective colostrum available. Without LD, colostrum loses most of its effectiveness. The LD Difference means that colostrum products from Sovereign Laboratories do what they say. Sovereign Laboratories stands behind its money back guarantee.
- Colostrum does not oxidize in storage.
- Colostrum is not digested (digestion destroys colostrum's bioactivity).
- Colostrum components are delivered through the bowel wall into the blood stream to reach all organs and cells wherever needed.
- Colostrum components transport through the cell wall to assist in RNA and DNA repair; stem cell initiation and differentiation; facilitation of cellular growth and repair; infection prevention; and identification of damaged and diseased cells.
COLOSTRUM-LD® has been shown to help:
- Boost, balance, and maintain unsurpassed immune function
- Eliminate harmful pathogens and fight infection
- Prevent and eliminate diarrhea from infectious causes
- Suppress over-reactivity to environmental pathogens and toxins
- Protect and heal GI and stomach lining (Leaky Gut Syndrome)
- Increase Natural Killer (NK) cell activity
- Increase muscle strength and stamina; speed recovery after exercise or injury; burn fat; and maintain blood glucose homeostasis
- Provide anti-aging benefits
Colostrum is a food, not a drug or medicine. It is safe, non-toxic, non-allergenic and has no side effects.
Bovine Colostrum is safe, non-toxic and can be consumed in any quantity without side effects or drug interactions. It contains special enzymes that prevent its immune and growth factors from being digested. An article written by Robert Preston, ND, President of the International Institute of Nutritional Research, states, "Bovine colostrum is safe. Colostrum contains an unprecedented combination of nutritional factors with which to fortify the immune system. It is so harmless, it has been prepared by Nature as the first food for infants, intended as their total diet for the first 24 hours." He further states, "It would be hard to imagine any nutritional substance more natural or beneficial than colostrum. It is safe for internal consumption by children, adults and animals."
How much should be taken and how often?
You should take enough colostrum to obtain results you desire; this amount varies from person to person. If you are not seeing results with colostrum, you are not taking enough. For healthy adults who want to maintain a healthy immune system and prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome, 2 capsules (or 1 teaspoon powder) twice daily are recommended. For anyone whose has compromised health situation, GI or digestive health issues, auto-immune conditions, inflammatory conditions, cancer, heart disease, is recovering from an injury, wants to get rid of allergies, or detects a cold or flu coming on, 4 capsules (1 tablespoon powder) twice a day are recommended. For athletic use and anti-aging, 10-20 grams daily optimizes growth hormone levels which translates to 2 heaping tablespoons of powder twice a day.
The dosage can then be lessened to a maintenance level as long as it continues to produce results. Colostrum has a sixteen hour half-life. It should be taken twice a day on an empty stomach with a full glass of water. Colostrum's benefits are cumulative. The longer and more consistent the use, the greater the benefits.
Most people feel better right away, yet about one in five first-time users experience a detox event or "healing crisis," consisting of flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, diarrhea, headache coughing up phlegm, skin rashes and low-grade fever. These are called Herxheimer reactions and typically last only a couple of days. The body is ridding itself of long-accumulated toxins, locked in the body's tissues and fat deposits that have suppressed the immune system and encouraged disease. This is normal, and not a reason to stop taking colostrum. You should reduce your dosage to a minimum amount (one capsule per day, or 1/2 teaspoon) until the body adjusts, and then increase your dosage as desired to achieve optimal results.
Colostrum is not just for adults, and remarkable results have been observed in infants and children. Colostrum's test is in the undeniable health of children who receive colostrum and breast milk from their mothers. These children experience less illness, increased mental acuity and have stronger, more vibrant growth. If infants are not breastfed or not breastfed for at least two years, colostrum supplementation is an option. Because children have a tendency to catch colds and illness from peers in daycare and school, colostrum supplementation in these situations will help immensely. Colostrum powder tastes great and is advisable for children who are unable to swallow colostrum capsules.
We can't forget our beloved pets. Veterinary use of bovine colostrum with aging and/or ailing animals (mammals) has proven to be very beneficial. Its ability to halt disease is well documented; aging pets with arthritis or joint problems are particularly responsive to colostrum. And most pets love the taste of colostrum.
It is important for each one of us to take responsibility for our own health. Like the “Sovereign" in our company name, we believe in individuals taking sovereign charge of their health and well-being. If you are convinced by claims, testimonials, or even research stating that a product will stop disease, you must make certain that there is also supporting research showing that the product does not destroy body tissue, interact with other drugs or supplements, or create harmful side effects in the process. Colostrum-LD® is the only clinically proven substance which heals and prevents Leaky Gut Syndrome and does not cause harm to the body.
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (2,000 mg)
Servings per container: 10
AMOUNT PER SERVING
A Concentration of Bovine
Colostrum and phospholipids 480 mg
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients: Gelatin capsule
Contains: Milk proteins
Colostrum LD Powder 50 grams colostrum powder
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: EXPECT RESULTS: 1 - 2 teaspoons once or twice daily. Mix with water or milk and drink between meals for best results. Instantized for better dispersion in liquids and to prevent lumping.
Colostrum LD Powder 50 grams colostrum powder
Effectiveness of Colostrum
This depends on its quality and how it is processed!
Research has shown that colostrum which is water-soluble is more easily assimilated. If you are taking colostrum which is only partially soluble, you will not get the full benefits. Colostrum which has been frozen cannot be made water soluble and it must be specially micronized in order to be soluble. Simply empty a capsule into a glass of water, cover and shake. It should dissolve quickly.
Tests on several different brands of colostrum have shown that colostrum processed with excessive heat will lose most of its biological activity. This is especially true of colostrum tablets. The heat generated when tablets are formed is so high that it severely compromises colostrum's efficacy.
Colostrum that comes from pasture fed herds, who eat healthy green grass produce better milk and colostrum than cows that are fed processed foods.
It is also very important that colostrum is standardized by taking it from large numbers of healthy cows. This insures the maximum possible amount of immune factors. Colostrum that is not standardized should be avoided.
Some colostrum is manipulated to boost immunoglobulin levels. Recent research, however, has shown that higher percentages of immunoglobulin actually diminish colostrum's effectiveness in combating infection. Therefore, our conclusion is that the most effective colostrum is that which is gently processed, but otherwise left with the balance of its immune and growth factors as nature intended.
Let the Buyer Beware!
Not all colostrum is processed in accordance with these strict guidelines.
Currently no standards exist for the collection and processing of colostrum. Some colostrum contains inexpensive "filler" products such as whey by-products, which severely reduce its effectiveness. Also, if the colostrum is not collected during the first 24 hours after the birth of the calf, it will be missing many of the important growth factors.
To help you assess different brands of colostrum, below is a summary of the standard you should look for in high quality colostrum:
- It should be full water-soluble.
- It should come only from certified healthy, grade A diary cows (after the needs of the calf are met).
- It should be collected only from the first milking after the second birth, to ensure maximum biological activity.
- It should come only from cows which are pasture-fed, and certified to be hormone, pesticide and antibiotic free.
- It should be filtered and homogenized to break down the long-chain proteins (immunoglobulins) for better assimilation.
- It should be mixed with the colostrum from thousands of other cows to standardize and maximize the immune factors.
- It should be processed to remove excess, unwanted fat, and dried with added heat. This process is significantly more costly and time-consuming than regular high-temperature processing.
- It should be laboratory tested for E.Coli, salmonella, pesticides, heavy metals, antibiotics, other pathogens, a verification of high platelet count (a sign of active "friendly" intestinal bacteria) and immunoglobulin content.
There are only a few producers of bovine colostrum which meet the above standards. Read labels carefully and investigate the company. Another way to find a high-quality colostrum is to contact the Center for Nutritional Research (CNR), www.icnr.org, an independent, non-profit research organization. The CNR can provide, free of charge, a list of manufacturers whose colostrum meets our guidelines.
Colostrum LD Powder 50 grams colostrum powder
Benefits of Colostrum LD
Purpose: This is life's first food. It was designed by nature to bring perfect health. It was and is the most important GI health combination of powerful healing and immune components ever; or it would not have been your first meal.
Prevents and heals gut permeability (holes in our gut) caused by toxins, pathogens (bacteria), acidic drinks, pain medications and pharmaceuticals and environmental hazards. (The primary cause of chronic disease)
- Helps prevent toxins from entering the body
- Repairs, optimizes and activates immune function (especially in the GI tract)
- Stimulates the repair and regeneration of all body tissue and enhances cellular communication and nutritional intake
- Increases energy and stamina, lean muscle mass, activates fat metabolism, and returns our body to vibrant health
The most important food for health and healing or your first meal would have been something else!
Disclaimer: Sovereign Labs is an independent distributor for Sovereign Laboratories, LLC The statements contained in this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements contained herein are for informational purposes only, and are not meant to replace the services or recommendations of a physician or qualified health care practitioner. Those with health problems, or who are pregnant or nursing, are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking these or any nutritional supplements.